Re: 10g patchset 10.1.0.4

From: Lothar Armbruester <lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:32:42 +0200

David E. Grove wrote:
> In the Certification Matrix (
> http://www.oracle.com/technology/support/metalink/index.html ), Oracle
> publishes that 10g R1 is certified on Solaris 10 (with patchset
> 10.1.0.4).
> So, I get 10.1.0.4. I read the included Patch Set Notes (Document
> 263719.1,
> "Alert: Oracle 10g Release 1 (10.1) Support Status and Alerts" on the
> OracleMetalink Web site ). The notes would seem to indicate that the
> operating system requirements are Solaris 8 or Solaris 9. Solaris 10
> is not
> included in the list. Doesn't this mean that this patchset is NOT to
> be
> used with Solaris 10?
>
> Yet, the Certification Matrix seems to indicate that 10.1.0.4 is
> required
> for Solaris 10.
>
> Does anyone have experience applying Patch Set 10.1.0.4 on a Solaris
> 10
> (SPARC) platform?

Hello David,
I, kind of, successfully installed 10.1.0.4 over 10.1.0.2 and was able to create a database. I did not much testing but the database seems to run.
But I did not manage to get the Oracle HTTP server started so I was not able to install HTMLDB on that system.
Since it's just a play around system, I can afford waiting for 10.2. It is a freshly installed Solaris 10 and a freshly installed Oracle 10.1.0.4.

Hope that helps,
Lothar

--
Lothar Armbrüster       | la_at_oktagramm.de
Hauptstr. 26            | la_at_heptagramm.de