Limit on the number of records to read through a cursor?

From: fareeeda <fareeda_at_pspl.co.in>
Date: 13 Jul 2005 04:18:57 -0700

Hi,

Is there any parameter that defines the limit on the number of records to be read through a cursor (using OCI APIs)? We have had a problem a couple of times when after a certain limit, oracle starts throwing following error: ORA-1455 (saying something about integer overflow).
Note that this happens only if number of records read exceeds a certain limit (was different each time).

Is this related to certain oracle versions (we are using different flavors of Oracle 9i)? And if there is any such parameter, does it have any defaults?

Thanks and Regards
Fareeda Received on Wed Jul 13 2005 - 06:18:57 CDT