Re: reading the oracle files

From: Oracle DBA <mssql.support_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Jul 2005 01:16:08 -0700

I tried this tool before couple of months - it's really reads data (but not a metadata) directly
from oracle datafiles and works very fast (more then 8 times faster then oracle select, according to our
tests, even in the case of single thread and we compared it with multithreaded program in OCI
and 3 times faster then 10g DataPump). We are working with TRU64 Unix on 8 CPUs AlphaServer ...

I can even sent test cases, but since they are reading data directly form the files it should run
on the same machine with Oracle, and it was not an our case, so we passed ...

By the way, you can download trial version - they will provide you support for trial version even if you will not purchase the product as it was in our case :-) Received on Wed Jul 13 2005 - 03:16:08 CDT