Partition exchange, bitmap join indexes and ORA-14098

From: <schonlinner_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Jul 2005 00:51:44 -0700

Hi,

I wanted to use the partition exchange feature from Oracle in order to update a production warehouse on a monthly basis.

Now I came across a problem which I cannot resolve (either it's due to me or due to a bug in Oracle).

In short: I cannot perform an "alter table exchange partition" whenever there are more than 1 bitmap join indexes on the tables (ORA-14098: index mismatch for tables in ALTER TABLE EXCHANGE PARTITION) . A single bitmap join index ==> it works.

It's not due to the index definition: If I drop either of the two (on both tables, of course), so I have only a single bitmap join index on each of the two tables, it works. I can even have any number of "normal" (bitmap, B*Tree) indexes on both of the tables, but only a single bitmap join index :-((

Am I missing something? Is this by design? Or a bug?

Best regards,
  Alex Received on Wed Jul 13 2005 - 02:51:44 CDT