Re: io rate - join

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 12 Jul 2005 14:04:31 -0700

hopehope_123 wrote:
> Hi Sybrand ,
>
> Thanks for your mail. You are right that this is a strange question .
> I am asking this question just to know how fast two tables can be
> joined. As you say , for every individual row of the driving table ,
> the nondriving table need to be looked up , but i want to know how fast
> this can be done .( Or can it be done by using better io rate) ( I
> dont mean hash join or nested loop join , i am checking the os part .)

Try putting both tables in a keep pool, then try your join a couple of times.

If one is really huge and you will be reading a substantial portion of it, a recycle pool might help.

Then you can worry about LIO's.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"I think there's a difference between ditzy and dumb. Dumb is just not