Permissions Question

From: Johne_uk <edgarj_at_tiscali.co.uk>
Date: 12 Jul 2005 06:10:07 -0700

Hi,

I have recently moved into the role of Oracle DBA in my company which has a few DB servers. The main production server has a single DB Instance with a number of schemas. I've noticed that many of the tables in these schemas have public grants.

This has never been a security problem in the past as we are a small company and all users are internal employees. However, a situation has emerged whereby an external company requires access to a single schema on the DB server.

The obvious problem here is that the external user will also be able to view all tables that have public grants. Is there any way that I can prevent this other than removing all public grants from tables and reassigning to a single role that can be granted to our internal application schemas.

I think I know that this is not possible but there's no harm in asking.

Thanks in advance Received on Tue Jul 12 2005 - 08:10:07 CDT