Re: Hot and Cold backups

From: Pradeep <agarwalp_at_eeism.com>
Date: 12 Jul 2005 06:07:19 -0700

Thanks for reply nirav.

I have read that you should not backup your Redo Log files. Now suppose my database is in Archive mode. now archival happens whenevr there is a log switch or a you run a command to archive the redo logs. there is some between the data written to redo log files and then written to Archive log files. Now at this point if there is a redo log failure (assume there is no multiplexing) then how do we recover that data.

Thanks
Pradeep Received on Tue Jul 12 2005 - 08:07:19 CDT