Re: Very Urgent- Database Creation problem please help.

From: Laurenz Albe <no.spam_at_here.invalid>
Date: 12 Jul 2005 07:26:44 GMT

uswapnil_at_rediffmail.com wrote:
> I am facing from one problem and it needs to be taken care of
> immediately.

Since you seem to know very little about Linux, I suggest that you get somebody with some Linux knowledge to help you with the installation. You always need some OS knowledge to install software.

> I had setup the display by command:
>
> DISPLAY=$HOSTNAME:0.0; export DISPLAY

[...]

> Disk1]$ Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Can't
> connect to X11 window server using 'pslid2.cbi.cmu.edu:0.0' as the
> value of the DISPLAY variable.

If you have time enough to read up on it yourself and want to understand what's going on, I suggest the following:

man Xserver (watch out for /etc/Xn.hosts) man xhost (to quote: 'rudimentary form of privacy control') man xauth (if xhost is not enough)

Yours,
Laurenz Albe Received on Tue Jul 12 2005 - 02:26:44 CDT