Re: Becoming ORACLE DBA

From: <dominica_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 Jul 2005 17:15:03 -0700

I think Sybrand is right about the 3 important skills.

Otherwise the person won't even survive in the oracle dba job in the big cities..(maybe certain
small company in some smaller town is not that demanding). But for the BIG-website in big city,
very demanding job.

I know one senior Oracle DBA get terminate in 1 month in one company(not my current work)..
So apparently that guy get FIRED in bay area(US) within one month from a big site.

And I know another DBA also got FIRED in LA in 2 months. (these are senior DBA, not junior people).

(Both places are not my current work, my friends told me about these 2 incidents). Received on Mon Jul 11 2005 - 19:15:03 CDT