Re: automatic arch log delete

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:42:49 +0200

On 11 Jul 2005 11:56:40 -0700, "Eugene" <epipko_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>Is it possible to find and delete archive logs that are 3 days old
>using PL/Sql? Could you, please refer me to an online document?
>
>Thanks,
>Eugene

no it is not possible to do that using pl/sql, or you must call the rman interface directly.
You could do it using rman, but that requires you back them up using rman.

Depending on your backup strategy, your request may possibly render your database unrecoverable.
I would make sure you know what you are doing.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA