Re: how to handle migrating to new database over time

From: fluff <highcharge_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 Jul 2005 12:01:58 -0700

I dont think that windows permission was documented by Oracle anywhere. But I dont think it's worth arguing about. Instead I'm going to follow up on the topic of legato. Now that it has come to my attention that a "media manager" is necessary for rman to talk to a tape drive, and the term "legato single server" has reached my notice, it is to be found on the "companion cd", downloadable from the
same page as Oracle server for windows.
I had in fact downloaded and unzipped this before but I think I expected the installer to pick it up and it did not. You need to
run the installer from the "companion"
directory . Unfortunately since I already patched oracle to 10.1.0.4.0 and this
companion material says it is 10.1.0.2.0, it raises the question of whether it should be installed in a different oracle home. Sigh.BTW I am not asking this question here. This is a statement. I'll ask it on metalink instead. Much safer! Received on Mon Jul 11 2005 - 14:01:58 CDT