Re: reading the oracle files

From: John <john_miller_portland_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Jul 2005 21:43:15 -0700

fasreader might will do what you are asking. Fastreader is extracting data from oracle data files into flat (csv, xml ... whatever) files and creates input for loaders.

Overall unload/load process with Fastreader probably 10 times faster than native Oracle one. We did 100GB on 4CPU machine in 2 hours with Fastreader comparing to almost 24 hours of Oracle export/import.

Besides speed the data is in portable readable format and not in binary which open plenty of integration / data transfer options.

fastreader is on http://www.wisdomforce.com