Re: Problems installing Oracle OID (10g)

From: ohaya <ohaya_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 12:23:23 -0400

ohaya wrote:

> > Interestingly, I have never had an issue when doing the OiD install from
> > the App Server 10g - OiD is the core to the AS10g Infrastructure Identity
> > Management.
>
> Hans,
>
> Re. the above, I know :)! Both my colleague and I have done OID
> installs successfully before (him with 10g, and myself only with 9i),
> which makes the current situation even more puzzling!
>
> Jim

Hi,

Thanks to all, we were able to get the install done. Actually, we don't know WHAT the exact fix was, as we tried a couple of things, but we think it was a combination of removing the port 389 and 636 lines from /etc/services and starting runInstaller with a parameter to an INI file (staticports.ini, I think).

Jim Received on Fri Jul 08 2005 - 11:23:23 CDT