Re: PL/SQL : serveroutput on inside begin..end block Possible ? Impossible??

From: Chris ( Val ) <chrisval_at_bigpond.com.au>
Date: 7 Jul 2005 21:27:46 -0700

baka wrote:
> Dear all
>
> Mark C. Stock のメッセージ:
> > so, if you are trying to control SQL*Plus behavior with a SQL*Plus command,
> > that command cannot be executed by the database
> >
> > ++ mcs
>
> Thank you very much for giving me the advise.
> I will utilize the glogin/login.sql's
>
> A tiny advise can save lot many hours, in some cases days.
> You are all great people.
>
> PS:
> When i was writing a trigger to set date depending on the region/user
> login and execute some particular scripts. i.e If a person login from
> japan
> Date should be set as per the Japanese env. USA ... etc.
> In the same way i was thinking with SERVEROUTPUT ON.OFF
> Thanks again

Read the documentation for how you can set up your environments with the following features:

desc nls_session_parameters;
Or...
desc nls_database_parameters;

Then to view your current nls* settings:

select * from nls_session_parameters;
OR...
select * from nls_database_parameters;

Cheers,
Chris Val Received on Thu Jul 07 2005 - 23:27:46 CDT