LOCK_SGA on Oracle 8.1.7 (win2000)

From: Heini Nolsøe <HNO_at_dlg.dk>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 15:08:22 +0200

I am having alot of trouble making LOCK_SGA work on my Oracle 8.1.7 running windows 2000, and am really looking for somebody with experience at this specific task.

I am aware of that LOCK_SGA is buggy until Oracle 9.2, but the guys at Oracle Metalink are saying that there is a workaround. My problem is that the official workaround at Metalink does not work, and it seems more or less impossible to get any real help via the Metalink supporters - they more or less just copy/paste Metalink documents back at me.

In desperation I have tried to install an Oracle 10G database, but even on this version of the database LOCK_SGA does not seem to work at all.

I have really been searching allover for info on this subject, but there really is not much to be found. I have read all available docs on Metalink and am running out of ideas.

In short ..... HELP !!!! Received on Thu Jul 07 2005 - 08:08:22 CDT