Re: ADDM of 10g: Is ADDM the newer versioin of stats_pack of 9i

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 21:16:40 +0800

joe bayer wrote:

> If I did not install OEM, which I do not like the idea of having an
> additional database to manage, can I use OEM database control?
>
> Thanks for your help.

ADDM processes data collected and stored in AWR (automated workload repository). Its AWR that are like your statspack snapshots, and ADDM is like the db "reading" your statspack reports and coming up with advice.

hth
connor

--
Connor McDonald
Co-author: "Mastering Oracle PL/SQL - Practical Solutions"

web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk
web: http://www.oaktable.net
email: connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat."