Re: Export Oracle tables to DBF files (through PL/SQL)

From: Chris \( Val \) <chrisval_at_bigpond.com.au>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 10:49:14 GMT

<mascotenordico_at_yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:1120603109.369002.224330_at_o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
| Hi!
|
| Thanks for replying!
|
| We know Oracle is much better than clipper, but we need to export the
| data to a clipper application which already exist and will not be
| migrate in a short time. So we need to do that "bizarre" procedure.
|
| It's not up to me! :(

Daniel is right, and creating the CSV file should not be too hard to do either.

In addition to using UTL_FILE as Daniel has suggested, there is nothing stopping you setting up a few properties in SQL*PLUS, using the Oracle concatenation operator '||', and then *spooling* the data from your query to a flat CSV file.

Cheers,
Chris Val Received on Wed Jul 06 2005 - 05:49:14 CDT