Re: After I remove the online fuzzy tag of the datafile, can it be safe on standby?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 19:07:27 -0700

AnySQL (d.c.b.a) wrote:
> I did not use it in production and even QA, just try to test it for
> fun, as a matter of fact, we did not use any tool until oracle say it's
> safe.
>
> Try to know more of how oracle perform recovery.
>
> Thanks, everybody.

Mmy impression is that "for fun":

  1. You voided your employer's support agreement
  2. You violated your employer's license agreement
  3. You put your employer at risk of legal action (however unlikely)

Not my idea of a day's fun.

And were you my employee not my idea of someone I'd call a "keeper." To use the previous race car analogy ... you learned how to use the throttle. Too bad you didn't also read the speed limit signs before you put the pedal to the metal.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org