TNS no listener Oracle10g redhat es

From: Raymond <daelen_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 00:10:50 +0200

hello,

I'm running Oracle 10g on redhat es3 and want to access the database from my windows XP (no sp2) machine on which the 10g client software has been installed.
However, starting sqlplus (or other tools) I get the TNS:no listerner error. On the redhat machine i can startup sqlplus and log on using scott/tiger_at_sid, so the listerner is running correctly (lsnrctl status also give a messag einicating it is running), datbase is open mounted etc. I cannot log on to the databse from the xp client machine. I can ping the machine, but tnsping fails (no listener message)!

What to do next to figure out the problems? TIA Raymond Received on Tue Jul 05 2005 - 17:10:50 CDT