Re: Export Oracle tables to DBF files (through PL/SQL)

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 13:30:55 -0700

mascotenordico_at_yahoo.com.br wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Sorry,
>
> 1) We are using Oracle 9.2 on HP-UX

Thanks.

> 2) It is a ordinary table created only to receive data we have just
> processed

A really bad idea. Just use UTL_FILE to write out a CSV file.

> 3) DBF is a file which can be read by Clipper or FoxPro programs, I
> think they use to call it DBase, but I am not sure.

Can't be done directly. Write out a CSV file and import it.

> 4) ???

No question so I've no idea what it is you don't know.

> 5) We know UTL_FILE must be used to read and write ASCII files, but we
> have asked if there is any similar package but which function to DBF
> files.
>
> Sorry for my bad English!
>
> Best Regards

Your English is fine and no. But there is nothing you can do in Clipper or Fox you can't do better in Oracle so what is the point of the exercise?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org