Re: Export Oracle tables to DBF files (through PL/SQL)

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 12:30:44 -0700

mascotenordico_at_yahoo.com.br wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We need to process some data (using PL/SQL) from Oracle tables and at
> the end we need to put the result (2 temporary Oracle tables) into 2
> DBF files (composed of the same fields which exist at Oracle tables).
> We have found we need to use Java inside PL/SQL... that's ok, but isn't
> there any easier method? Maybe something like UTL_FILE?
>
> By the way, does anyone have any example using Java (inside PL/SQL) to
> achieve that result?
>
> Thanks in advance

Your inquiry makes no sense.

  1. What versionof Oracle on what operating system?
  2. What do you mean by "temporary Oracle tables"? Global Temporary or other?
  3. What, to you, is a DBF file?
  4. Your seeming relationship between tables -> temporary tables -> files requires clarification.
  5. Especially when you then segue to UTL_FILE which writes ASCII.

Until you clarify what it is you think you are trying to do any discussion of Java is hopelessly premature.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org