Re: Oracle 9i R2 on Fedora Core 4 - How to Install ?

From: Witek Świerzy <wswier_at_sgh.waw.pl>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 07:40:02 +0200

kona wrote:
> Hello,
> I search a very good HOWTO for a complete installation of Oracle 9i R2
> onto a Fedora core 4.
> All the pre-requisites are OK (OS and ENV)
> But I always got error messages about library that can not found or
> GLIBC etc.
> It is really very disturbing to install an Oracle version onto Linux.
>
> Any help ?
>
> Thank you

Hello !
Unfortunately i dont remember glibc and kernel version in fedora core 4, but You should check
a) oracle requirements
b) installed in Your OS versions
If they are equal You shouldn't have any problems .... You wrote that ALL PREREQS ARE OK, and installer cannot found glibc ... Check once again

a) glibc version
b) kernel version
c) LD_LIBRARY_PATH - maybe here You have any directory with improper
glibc included
Remember also about kernel parameters in /etc/sysctl.conf And dont worry - installing oracle on unsupported linux version is almost always more disturbing than on for example commercial OS. If You are setting up test environment then have a fun, if it is production system - rather migrate to supported OS ( in Linux world for example RH advanced server)
regards
Witek Swierzy
wswier_at_sgh.waw.pl Received on Tue Jul 05 2005 - 00:40:02 CDT