Re: Help with intermittant slow down

From: Lee <Lee_at_Jamtoday.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 18:55:52 -0600

> I know isn't it cool? Add to that Oracle's most important position
> C-Level position, Executive Vice President of Product Renaming, and
> you've a winning combination.
>
> Surely everyone has noticed that App Server has been renamed yet again.
>
> I'm waiting for the promotion in some trade magazine claiming 45% more
> acronyms than DB2. Oops ... a product whose name IS an acronym. ;-)

Oracle interMedia....Oops! Now known as Oracle Text. Still, an IR engine right smack inside Oracle, free for the price of admission; unites the "RDBMS " with the "free text" world (and works with XML big time). Mighty awesome whatever the heck they want to call it, but yeah, why not pick a name and stick with it? Received on Mon Jul 04 2005 - 19:55:52 CDT