Re: intermittent very high waits in LGWR on Linux?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 22:55:47 +1000

bugbear apparently said,on my timestamp of 4/07/2005 7:32 PM:

> 1 last possible diagnostic fact. If the DB hasn't seen any
> activity for "a long time" (more than 20 minutes, at least),
> the first test run goes very quickly. I just got 100 insertions
> a second, against my normal "worst" of 8.

Well, 9.2.0.1 changes the outcome: you really need 9.2.0.6 to have at least a chance of having a good patch level. As well if the install is a default install, the redo log files will be exceedingly small: they need to be at least 100Mb each. Otherwise the checkpoints (one every log switch) will be killing you.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto