Re: Can't start 10g automatically at reboot on AIX 5.3

From: Wolfram Roesler <wr_at_spam.la>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 09:06:21 +0200

wagen123_at_yahoo.com wrote in news:1120237354.240352.194710 @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Oracle10g 10.1.0.3 64 bit

I upgraded to 10.1.0.3 too in the meantime.

> AIX 5.3L ML1 (5300-01)
I have 5300-02, perhaps the newer version has a bug that the older version doesn't?

> p5* with 4 LPARS

Sorry, don't know about that.

> Procedure:

I don't have /var/opt/oracle/bin but I did as you suggested, more or less. The funny thing is that the startup script I wrote (called S02-oracle in my case) worked fine when invoked from the shell prompt. It also got executed automatically during startup, but as it seems the processes it startet were terminated automatically almost immediately.

Thanks for your help
Wolfram Received on Mon Jul 04 2005 - 02:06:21 CDT