Re: Can't start 10g automatically at reboot on AIX 5.3

From: Wolfram Roesler <wr_at_spam.la>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 09:01:54 +0200

Colum Mylod <cmylod_at_despammed.com> wrote in news:dbtac150k1gq89q7d0t22hq5vg8j0larpm_at_4ax.com:

> Isn't dbstart a shell script? (no AIX nearby this week!) If so, make
> the call to it sh -x dbstart > /tmp/start_damn_it.log 2>&1
> and check /tmp/start_damn_it.log for errors.

I tried that already, and it works fine, thanks a lot. It didn't produce any real resultes however. Sometimes the log file ends with a SQL> prompt, sometimes it even shows successful completion. I uploaded the result to Metalink, they couldn't do anything with it as well.

Going for an AIX update now.

Thanks for your help
Wolfram Received on Mon Jul 04 2005 - 02:01:54 CDT