Re: Need to examine some redo logs.

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 21:25:38 -0700

DaLoverhino wrote:

> Hello. I need to examine Oracle 8.1.7 archive redo logs, but my 8
> instance is screwed up. I got a 9.2.0.6 instance up, and I figure I'd
> try to dump the contents of it on their. (I think I saw our DBA do it
> once.)

Precisely what do yo mean by "I need to examine ... archive redo logs?"

I would hate to give you any advice without knowing precisely what it is you are planning to do. Because so far what you've written gives no sense of confidence that you should be doing anything other than passing this to someone that knows what they are doing.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org