Re: Help with intermittant slow down

From: Lee <Lee_at_Jamtoday.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 15:51:13 -0600

DA Morgan wrote:
> Lee wrote:
>

>> If anyone is curious to know how things turned out:
>>
>>  <SNIP>

> And on our end the problem appears to be an ASM issue and have nothing
> to do with the database: A TAR has been opened.

I'm not getting the "punch line". What is an ASM issue ? Abstract State Machine? Assembler? Surely not Americal Society for Microbiology.

At the risk of seeming terminally humor impaired... one wouldnt open a TAR for a non database problem (at least not with Oracle), but other vendors call their "tar"s "Trouble Tickets" or "Incident Reports" or whatever.

Probably off topic, but I was once at a gathering where there were three distinct levels of English fluency; native, pretty darned good for a non native speaker, and survival. The lecturer said "Aim low boys, they may be riding Shetlands". The native speakers fell on the floor laughing, the middle tier knew there was a joke but didnt get it, and the rest just looked puzzled. (One of the more fluent middle tier people asked..."Shetland...that is a kind of horse, yes?" ) Received on Sun Jul 03 2005 - 16:51:13 CDT