Re: Oracle 10 RAC to 10G RAC standby

From: Unknown <unkown_at_unknown.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 11:37:04 +0100

Hi,

Thanks for you info here, usefull I agree with your approach here.

I have done a single instance to single instance physical standby database. I'm happy with that setup, with 9i and 10G.

What I am strugglng with is the RAC physical standby database setup.

Things like, the log_archive_dest_n parameters, how should they be set for RAC, fal_server, fal_client, etc.....in a multiple instance scenario. What happens when the recovery instance dies etc.......

I reference the docs : -

OracleŽ Data Guard Broker
10g Release 1 (10.1)
Part Number B10822-01

OracleŽ Data Guard Concepts and Administration 10g Release 1 (10.1)
Part Number B10823-01

OracleŽ Database High Availability Architecture and Best Practices 10g Release 1 (10.1)
Part Number B10726-02

They do not give me detail information regarding a RAC database.

Again, many thanks,

Unknown.