Re: Execute to Parse %:

From: Brian <brian_at_databaseknowledge.com>
Date: 1 Jul 2005 16:16:08 -0700

Thanks for your help; I don't know what I was thinking this morning. I thought I learned something new, but really I was confused about the 4 different types of parsing.

I was having trouble understanding how it's possible to have a Soft Parse % of 99% and Exec to Parse Ratio of 50%. Now I think I understand, please correct me if I'm wrong. When the DB runs a sql statement, 50% of the time the DB needs to do a soft parse, and 50% of the time the DB doesn't parse at all becuase the cursor is being reused (give or take 1%).

Holgler: It looks like the first example you posted is showing 10g's new auto bulk bind feature. Received on Fri Jul 01 2005 - 18:16:08 CDT