HELP: Oracle 10G (1013)

From: joe bayer <joebayerii(no-spam)_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 01:47:29 GMT

I just installed Oracle 10G(1013) on RedHat 3.0, (NOT RAC), after the installation finished, I was asked to run root.sh, which the output is like this:

Adding entry to /etc/oratab file...
Entries will be added to the /etc/oratab file as needed by
Database Configuration Assistant when a database is created
Finished running generic part of root.sh script. Now product-specific root actions will be performed. /etc/oracle does not exist. Creating it now. Successfully accumulated necessary OCR keys. Creating OCR keys for user 'root', privgrp 'root'.. Operation successful.
Oracle Cluster Registry for cluster has been initialized

Adding to inittab
Checking the status of Oracle init process... Expecting the CRS daemons to be up within 600 seconds.

CSS is active on these nodes.

        NODE_A
CSS is active on all nodes.
Oracle CSS service is installed and running under init(1M)

Why CRS daemons has to be started for a single instance installation? Should I kill all those process?

Thanks for your help Received on Thu Jun 30 2005 - 20:47:29 CDT