Re: Dedicated server 2

From: IANAL_VISTA <IANAL_Vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 14:35:41 GMT

"Andre L via DBMonster.com" <forum_at_DBMonster.com> wrote in news:509F67DDE7660_at_DBMonster.com:

> Hi (again)
>
> I had a problem with a standalone Oracle forms 6i app at our branches.
> Accessing the db from the lan is no problem, but accessing from the
> wan gives ORA-12545. I finally got around it by specifying
> (server=dedicated) in tnsnames conn. I have MTS setup so why should
> the wan force dedicated server conn. How can I check that the sessions
> are using MTS?
>
> Thanks.

desc v$shared_server

 ----------------------------------------- -------- -----------------------
-----
 NAME                                               VARCHAR2(4)
 PADDR                                              RAW(4)
 STATUS                                             VARCHAR2(16)
 MESSAGES                                           NUMBER
 BYTES                                              NUMBER
 BREAKS                                             NUMBER
 CIRCUIT                                            RAW(4)
 IDLE                                               NUMBER
 BUSY                                               NUMBER
 REQUESTS                                           NUMBER