Re: Variable value is gone

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 07:24:03 -0700

Zephyr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to send following message body by using UTL_SMTP. The variable
> msg_body is of type clob.
>
> cCRLF constant varchar2(10) := utl_tcp.CRLF;
> msg_body1 clob;
> v_items PLS_INTEGER := 0;
>
> msg_body := 'FROM: ' ||v_mailfromrel || cCRLF || 'TO: ' || v_mailtorel ||
> cCRLF || 'Number of items = ' || v_msgitem || cCRLF || msg_body1;
>
> The varaible v_msgitem will be counted inside a loop, what I have validated
> by using a PL/SQL deugger and DBMS_OUTPUT.
> Also the complete msg_body has a counted v_msgitem and will be delivers
> correctly to UTL_SMTP. Unfortunately erverything
> will be send correctly but the v_msgitem is null.
>
> Seems a strange behaviour and I do not habe a clou what to check. Any hints?
>
> Thanks
>
> Patrick

No Oracle version.
No procedure name inside UTL_SMTP.
No error message

No-where in the documentation to I find that a CLOB is compatible with UTL_SMTP. Where did you get the idea you could do this?

I'd suggest a break to read the documentation at http://tahiti.oracle.com.

I know it is a radical suggestion but it might be worth a try.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org