Re: Oracle 9i for x86-32 vs x86-64

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 30 Jun 2005 05:16:49 -0700

Good question Vladimir. On regular unix platforms like sun aka solaris and hpux (our shop) there's no question about it you want to go with the 64 bit versions.

I will defer to people who actually operate and run on linux for your question.

It doesn't sound like you are worried so much about relative performance but more like stability and co-existence between rhel and the oracle environment.

Last thing to consider is whether you want to go with 9i or consider 10g. Sounds like a given at this point you are going the 9i way but oracle is releasing ( today I guess ) the 10g release 2 on linux. Received on Thu Jun 30 2005 - 07:16:49 CDT