Variable value is gone

From: Zephyr <p.neumann_at_ids-scheer.de>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:56:02 +0200

Hi,

I want to send following message body by using UTL_SMTP. The variable msg_body is of type clob.

cCRLF constant varchar2(10) := utl_tcp.CRLF; msg_body1 clob;
v_items PLS_INTEGER := 0;

msg_body := 'FROM: ' ||v_mailfromrel || cCRLF || 'TO: ' || v_mailtorel || cCRLF || 'Number of items = ' || v_msgitem || cCRLF || msg_body1;

The varaible v_msgitem will be counted inside a loop, what I have validated by using a PL/SQL deugger and DBMS_OUTPUT. Also the complete msg_body has a counted v_msgitem and will be delivers correctly to UTL_SMTP. Unfortunately erverything will be send correctly but the v_msgitem is null.

Seems a strange behaviour and I do not habe a clou what to check. Any hints?

Thanks

Patrick Received on Thu Jun 30 2005 - 05:56:02 CDT