Re: Oracle Inventory

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 21:58:23 -0700

Kalle wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I need your advice so please could you tell me
>
> what is the way to collect information about the oracle versions and options
> installed or used on database server.
>
> This information should be collected remotely without accessing or logging
> into database.
>
> Also I know there might be differencies cross the platforms...
>
> Thank you in advance for your help :)
>
> kalle

And the version number is?

Well you didn't say so I'm going to guess 10gR1.

select comp_name, version, status from dba_registry;

SELECT name, detected_usages
FROM dba_feature_usage_statistics
ORDER BY 1; SELECT name, version, highwater
FROM dba_high_water_mark_statistics
ORDER BY 1;

--
Daniel A. Morgan