Re: s...port's problem - continue

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:16:27 +0200

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:30:08 +0200, "AW" <adamw_at_opegieka.com.pl> wrote:

>I set the USE_SHARED_SOCKET= true
>

>The TNS message - is that the connection is closed.
>
>on the 1 post - some one wrote that on Oracle 8.1.7. is error - there is
>Oracle 8.1.7 - is there any known patch that resolwes that
>not working problem ?
>
>AW

Apparently you didn't read this post carefully, nor did you read my post.
use_shared_sockets was broken in 8.1.6
However use_shared_sockets has serious drawbacks. If you don't use it, existing connections will be retained when you stop the listener
If you do use it, if you stop the listener, you will throw everyone out.
IMO, this means that it is unfit to resolve the port issue. As I already stated, connection manager works like a charm, and is to be preferred/

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA