Re: Large table monthly switch design problem

From: <schonlinner_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Jun 2005 07:35:31 -0700

Hi DA Morgan,

[...]
> What you describe is a nightmare.
> Why aren't you using Partitioning?

We currently *are* using partitioned tables, and it *is* a nightmare, because in order to satisfy the quality check team we need to create a (partitioned) copy of the original (partitioned) table in order to allow them a real world test before putting it into production.

I'm looking for a way to circumvent creating a copy of the fact table.