script or program to deploy plsql code while securing DB passwords

From: <jason_at_cyberpine.com>
Date: 29 Jun 2005 07:28:11 -0700

Say we had Unix users (developers really) that needed to deploy plsql code to an Oracle DB on a remote HP-UX box. But these users would not have any security to that remote box or database. Say we did not want to surrender users or passwords of the remote box or Database.

Can a script or program be coded on the local box to deploy that code without exposing the passwords or any information about the remote server or DB?

How exactly would passwords be secured?

Thanks for any help or information. Received on Wed Jun 29 2005 - 09:28:11 CDT