Re: Oracle 10 g installation problem on windows 2003 server

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:24:56 GMT

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:39:06 +0200, F. Mobile interested us by writing:

> What is the smallest oracle full feature 10 g version (with server and some
> (5) client licenses).

Oracle Database 10g Personal Edition is functionally identical to the Enterprise Edition, but restricted (by license, not software) to one user.

Personal Edition is great for developers who need to be supported!

> I want to make a test installation.

Or, you can contact your Oracle sales rep and arrange for a Trial license, which permits unlimited use for 30 days for free. You can obtain support for that type of license (by arrangement through your sales rep), and support includes Metalink.

> I want to buy one. Who knows a price and where I can order it.

http://store.oracle.com - list prices shown, using the currency of the country selected on first page.

Also on the store, you can purchase the CD pack (avoids downloads) and support. Support is an annual fee and is often a fixed percent of purchase or list price.

> When I buy such a version have I than also metalink web access? Or can I get
> on an other way access to metalink?

Metalink is the main legitimate way of getting patches. Alternately, Oracle may put the patches on their download site. Metalink acess requires user account and password and that is reset at expiry.

Metalink requires a support contract, and Oracle generally charges for the support contract.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com