Re: Oracle Java Question

From: Billy <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 28 Jun 2005 23:25:39 -0700

amerar_at_iwc.net wrote:

> We are using a Java routine installed within our Oracle database to
> send email. This works fine for text emails.

Why not use the supplied Oracle UTL_SMTP or UTL_MAIL packages? Why re-invent the wheel and disregard software that is bought and paid for and will be supplied and will work when you run code app code on a new Oracle version?

> Does anyone know how this should be handled?

Mime types and Internet Message Bodies. Detailed in RFCs 2045 to 2049, RFC 3030 and numerous others.

> I do not know anything about Java,

Java is Just Another Friggen Programming Language.. despite its followers claiming it to be a New Age Religion.

> and, from our PL/SQL routine, we cannot send mail
> headers......

You could if you were using UTL_SMTP.

--
Billy