Re: MASSIVE degradation of insert using sequence ID's via JDBC on 9i?

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:15:57 -0700

<xhoster_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> sybrandb_at_hccnet.verwijderdit.nl wrote:
> > On 28 Jun 2005 16:57:49 GMT, xhoster_at_gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > >Since when are business rules determined by the end user? Usually the
> > >end user doesn't even know what a RDB is, let alone ACID.
> >
> > So according to you end-users don't need to be capable to rollback?
>
> Most of them, no. At least not with Oracle's rollback.
>
> > IMO, 80 percent of the garbage in most databases is caused by exactly
> > this policy.
>
> Ha.
>
> Xho
>
> --
So it sounds like you want to put the "rollback" code in the application. If so I feel a strong urge to throw up.
AAARRGGHH!!!
Now I feel better. Its too bad that a rudimentary understanding of database transactions and data integrity is lost. Go back to school. Jim Received on Tue Jun 28 2005 - 20:15:57 CDT