Developer Privileges

From: Daniel <danielroy10junk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 28 Jun 2005 15:20:17 -0700

Hi guys,

   I have a question regarding the privileges generally granted to the developers at large companies. I'm currently a Siebel developer, responsible also for the PL/SQL interfaces, and my privileges consist, in their entirety, to "connect", "create procedure" and one more that I forget. This is due to the consultant DBA's stubborness to want to control everything/everyone. I can't perform basic activities such as "create table", "create index", "alter session", "create type", ... For example, if I want to try (in a test environment) if a new index might help a query, I have to ask her to create it for me! No opportunity also to run sql tracing or event 10046, as I don't even have the privileges! Is that a very common scenario out there, or am I correct to whine about that situation? Has anyone of you been faced with this situation, and been able to convince the client to grant more privileges to you (in testing environment, of course!)?

Thanx

Daniel Received on Tue Jun 28 2005 - 17:20:17 CDT