Limiting Connections

From: Ed_Zep <ed_zep_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: 28 Jun 2005 12:41:15 -0700

Can anyone tell me what's the best way of limiting connections to a database (9.2.0.4)?
We've just gone live with a system that allows students to view their exam results via the web (9.0.4.1 apps server). However, these projects are often rushed and no stress testing was done so we're getting bombarded. Bad planning, etc. I know.

In the meantime, I've looked at Resource Manager but there is a lot of CPU overhead apparently.

Would Oracle profiles be the way forward? All I want to do is limit the amount of people logging in (it's using the same account). When it gets to a certain limit, they can't log in until the existing sessions are done with.

Anyone?

Many thanks.

Ed. Received on Tue Jun 28 2005 - 14:41:15 CDT