Excellent article on CBO

From: DW <dwhittier_at_shaw.ca>
Date: 28 Jun 2005 11:38:31 -0700

Hey all.

I'm reasonably new to Oracle, and am currently tasked with working to move from the RBO to the CBO in our environment.

I just read through the article "THE SEARCH FOR INTELLIGENT LIFE IN THE COST-BASED OPTIMIZER", by Tim Gorman. I found it excellent, in that it provided context for some of the important parameters that the CBO uses.

To contrast, I also _tried_ to read 'A LOOK UNDER THE HOOD OF CBO: THE 10053 EVENT", by Wolfgang Breitling. This one I found far thicker reading; while I'm sure that the information is very useful, it's a little much for me at my current level of understanding.

Can anyone recommend some additional reading on the CBO that will help me to get some context, and hopefully establish some context for implementing it?

Thanks!

Cheers,

DW Received on Tue Jun 28 2005 - 13:38:31 CDT