Re: s...port's - problem

From: Fabrizio <fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:51:49 GMT

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

>>Hi Daniel,
>>the port redirection is true only on windows and it can be avoided
>>setting use_shared_socket=true in the windows regedit.

> With as result that as soon as you stop the listener, everyone is
> disconnected.

Yes I know but, in my opinion, it is the easiest solution.

>>Unix maintains the communication on the listening port so you can keep
>>only one port open in your firewall.
>>

> Are you sure of that? As far as I know there is no difference between
> Unix and Winblows

Yes, pretty sure.
I tested it with several tools (netstat, lsof, strace, tcpdump...), unix flavours (solaris, linux, aix) and oracle versions (from 8i on).

But I'm more then willing to replicate any test that would prove the contrary.

Regards

--
Fabrizio Magni

fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com