Re: s...port's - problem

From: Fabrizio <fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:50:09 GMT

Daniel wrote:
> Here's an overview of how connectivity works. First, I'll assume you
> connect with a dedicated connection (as opposed to a "shared server"):
> the listener gets the incoming requests, usually on port 1521, unless
> you changed the default port used. After the requests came to the
> listener, the listener spawns a new server dedicated process, and has
> this server dedicated process "listen" on a different port of the
> server. The listener then tells the incoming connection request which
> port it should look at to be in touch with this newly-spawned dedicated
> server process. You therefore also need access to this other port.
>
> Daniel

Hi Daniel,
the port redirection is true only on windows and it can be avoided setting use_shared_socket=true in the windows regedit.

Unix maintains the communication on the listening port so you can keep only one port open in your firewall.

Regards

--
Fabrizio Magni

fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com