Prespawning processes on dedicated server (8i)

From: Ramon Poca <ramon.poca_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Jun 2005 02:10:17 -0700

Hi there,

We're running on 8i (Solaris64) (I know, I know, upgrade :-P) with dedicated server.

Question is: Running against an application server which uses its own connection pooling, can we benefit from prespawning servers on Oracle, to avoid the process creation cost?

I've done a: tail -1000 listener.log | cut -d: -f1 | uniq -c to see:

 162 28-JUN-2005 04
 184 28-JUN-2005 05
 225 28-JUN-2005 06
 199 28-JUN-2005 07
 217 28-JUN-2005 08
 503 28-JUN-2005 09
 465 28-JUN-2005 10
  45 28-JUN-2005 11

Is this normal? I think not. Can it benefit from prespawning? Received on Tue Jun 28 2005 - 04:10:17 CDT