Re: MASSIVE degradation of insert using sequence ID's via JDBC on 9i?

From: bugbear <bugbear_at_trim_papermule.co.uk_trim>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 08:54:25 +0100

Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:00:36 +0100, bugbear
> <bugbear_at_trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:
>

>>Because our App is (in reality) doing OLTP. Inserts are
>>normally done (and comitted) one at a time.

> The ordinary stupidity, obviously.
> Single record commits will kill performance.

I'm (more than) open to instruction, but if one of our users wishes to alter (e.g.) a single price, as far as I can work out, I should commit this change to a database.

And (...) if lots of separate users all update
(their...) prices, I have to do lots of
commits.

    BugBear Received on Tue Jun 28 2005 - 02:54:25 CDT