Escaping WAITONE

From: Iain William Wiseman <iwiseman_at_eservglobal.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:05:43 +1200

Hi All,

In OCI I am calling WAITONE with a configured timeout using the following statement.

"BEGIN "
" DBMS_ALERT.WAITONE(:NAME,:MESSAGE,:STATUS,:TIMEOUT);"
"END; ";
Is there a way to break out of one this should I need to.

When I kill the process with a signal I would like to commit the current work and exit. To do this I have the following SQL being executed in an attempt to end the WAITONE.

   "BEGIN                                                "
    "       DBMS_ALERT.SIGNAL(:NAME,:MESSAGE);            "
    "END;                                                 ";

This fails and returns

ORA-24909: call in progress. Current operation cancelled.

Any suggestions? Received on Tue Jun 28 2005 - 00:05:43 CDT